Just because furniture is old doesn’t mean it can longer perform the purpose it was meant for. It might have undergone a little wear and tear but with a little work you can transform it into an exquisite piece. Here are some ideas on how you can do that.
A fresh coat of paint can breathe new life into old furniture giving it a fresh new and exquisite look.
2. Addition of wallpaper
Wall paper comes in a variety of colors, shapes and designs. Just choose the design that best suits you and stick it to your old furniture to give it that designer look.
3. Addition decorative pieces
Cushions and some other decorative pieces can be added to old furniture to give it a more edgy and classy look.
4. Re-purposing the furniture
An old piece of furniture can be remade for a whole new purpose, for example, an old dressing mirror can be remade into a work desk.
5. Addition of table tops and new doors or other pieces
6. Decorating an old piece of furniture with a number of eye catching designs.
7. Re-upholstering of old furniture.
8. Newspaper art.
9. Addition of shelves onto the old furniture
This is applicable on dressers and bookshelves. It increases the storage space as well as giving it a whole new look.