Method #1: vinegar solution
A water and vinegar window cleaner is probably the most popular homemade window cleaner. This common household solution is a staple in any homemade cleaning arsenal.
Vinegar instead of store-bought chemical cleaners can help you avoid breathing harmful and toxic gasses. Vinegar also comes with the benefit of not leaving streaks. This product is suitable for glass surfaces, like glass top tables, however, it shouldn’t be used on granite, marble slate, slate or any other surface that is porous.
- A mixture of equal parts white vinegar, water and
- Glass spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth
- Optional Add a few drops of citrus-scented essential oil such as grapefruit, lemon or tangerine, for a fresh smell
- Equal parts of water and white vinegar into an aerosol bottle.
- Include the essential oil if you are looking for an aroma-laden solution.
- Shake the bottle, then spray the window.
- Clean your windows in one direction using an microfiber cloth.